Raoul and I are honored that Tomorrow’s Table was selected as one the top 25 powerful and influential books of 2012 that educate, inspire, and drive change
Each year they identify 100 powerful and influential books on topics like climate change, biology, sociology, economics, politics, psychology, philosophy, and many, many other areas. With the help of their readers, they then identify the 25 that have the power to inspire college readers to change the world. The 6 Criteria below are what was used in selecting the top books for each year’s New Earth Archive Booklist.
- Books that speak directly to students and young adults; ones that are both informative and passionate enough to capture and hold attention in a fast-paced world full of distractions.
- Powerful enough to change the reader’s mind about these issues, encourage new perspectives, and promote acceptance of alternate or controversial ideas.
- Provocative and motivational: they have to genuinely drive readers to want to change the world.
- Inspiring and positive, and offer solutions that adequately address the scale of the issues at stake.
- Recent (within the past 10-15 years) and still relevant to our world’s rapidly changing conditions.
- Decades-big ideas with worldwide scope. To build the most thorough knowledge-base about the issues that confront us today, we need to expose students to information spanning everything from the environment, the economy, people, and politics. Additionally, we consider it of paramount importance to include knowledge about the latest scientific revelations in understanding the universe, consciousness, and the fundamental principles of human nature.